Anonymity — From signal to noise: Nym Gallery art contest -The NSL votes on the 5 winners!

3 Likes

There are many creative members whose submissions are truly talented. I appreciate all of them, but if I had to choose one, I would select this one. Bcz the artwork’s geometric patterns and fragmented design powerfully depict the breakdown of information in a complex digital world.

2 Likes

idk why this one looks mesmerizing to me

3 Likes

I nominate this entry from Maryam Shabani for the contest.

I am not entirely sure whether this artwork was actually created for this contest or is only tangentially related and was therefore submitted but I think it’s a good representation for the following reasons:

1. Many of the entries are naturally dark and gloomy depicting the pursuit of privacy as something shady and nefarious. This entry distances itself from such a superficial understanding of privacy with its brighter color palette.
  2. The different shapes present in the picture such as differently sized squares, overlapping silhouettes and the spiral at the center fit the different components of the nym mixnet (layered encryption, noise, packet switching) well as a representation.
2 Likes

My vote for “Sunlight” because this art makes me feel like a harmony between privacy and be part of the ecosystem maybe something like a camouflage.
https://x.com/Ebubededraw/status/1824424989602230299/photo/1

2 Likes

There many nice submission. I chose it.

2 Likes

I vote for this art x.com

2 Likes

Many stunning works were presented, but I ultimately chose this one because it resonated with me the most. x.com

3 Likes

This work is absolutely stunning! The attention to detail and the way it has captured the emotions in this piece is truly captivating. Keep up the amazing work!

2 Likes

Are people taking the piss out of this contest voting for this shitty asshole submission or what’s the joke here?

2 Likes

What people are doing is making fresh accounts or having people make fresh accounts on the NYM forum and voting multiple times for themselves. Take a look at the account age of all of the posters, and you will see. Hopefully the contest creators only allow users of the NYM community to participate in voting that had created accounts prior to the contest date, and disregard any inflated votes from fresh accounts.

2 Likes

Im impressed this designed :100: x.com

1 Like

Hey guys, I reviewed all of the submissions and most of them are very successful. But this one become so attractive and meaningful for me. That is why I choose this one. Best of luck everyone :+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

I initially considered this but the nymforum is only accessible to nymsters and you need an invite for joining so how would this be working out?

Edit: I just checked and it seems the requirement of being invited must have been removed since yesterday. This explains it. Hope these sock puppets are banned in due time and don’t ruin the contest.

2 Likes

votes only count if you’re a member of the Nym Squad League. The rest are newcomers joining the forum

3 Likes
1 Like

This artwork is a captivating blend of color and texture, masterfully capturing the essence of its subject. The artist’s skillful technique and thoughtful composition truly bring this piece to life.

2 Likes